6.26.2009

recipe-a-week #19: rigatoni (or fusilli) with goat cheese

Well, we're in week 27 of the year, and I'm a bit behind in my recipe-a-week schedule. I may or may not catch up, but either way, this is a super quick and delicious supper. (Are you beginning to gather that we eat pasta fairly often?) The original recipe is from Great Food Fast, and you can see it here. Here it is, with my modifications:

Rigatoni with Goat Cheese

Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes

Ingredients

Serves 4 to 6

  • 1 pound rigatoni (I used fusilli)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
  • TOPPING VARIATIONS
  • 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, chopped or torn herbs, and/or pitted, sliced black olives (I used green onions and frozen peas)

Directions

  1. Cook rigatoni in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
  2. Return pasta to pot, and toss with goat cheese and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, and add some of the reserved pasta water as desired. Sprinkle with preferred topping, and serve.

This was delicious; especially with some cheesy toasted disasters which were supposed to be cheese sticks crumbled on top. I wasn't paying attention when I was making the recipe, and used 4 times the amount of butter I should have. So rather than individual cheese sticks, I had one big cheesy thing on the cookie sheet. I couldn't let all of those good ingredients go to waste, so we used some crumbled on top of this pasta, and it was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Our very most favourite, go-to, "holy crap there's nothing to eat in this house, and we have no time to cook anyhow" meal is this:
    1. Boil some water. Add some shell pasta.
    2. Saute some onions in olive oil.
    3. Add frozen peas to onions. Salt and Pepper.
    4. Pasta into bowls. Add pea mixture.
    5. Top with loads and loads of romano cheese.

    I love that your recipe is so similar to ours. So simple. So GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!