Rigatoni with Goat Cheese
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound rigatoni (I used fusilli)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- TOPPING VARIATIONS
- 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, chopped or torn herbs, and/or pitted, sliced black olives (I used green onions and frozen peas)
- Cook rigatoni in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot, and toss with goat cheese and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, and add some of the reserved pasta water as desired. Sprinkle with preferred topping, and serve.
This was delicious; especially with some cheesy toasted disasters which were supposed to be cheese sticks crumbled on top. I wasn't paying attention when I was making the recipe, and used 4 times the amount of butter I should have. So rather than individual cheese sticks, I had one big cheesy thing on the cookie sheet. I couldn't let all of those good ingredients go to waste, so we used some crumbled on top of this pasta, and it was delicious.