6.05.2009

good morning



I found this great little bucket thing last week. The possibilities are endless (carrying utensils outside to eat, holding crayons and chalk, clothespins, flowers...) but right now it's on the dining room table with a tealight in each bucket. I think it will be very pretty on our soon-to-arrive picnic table in the evening, with the flickering tealights burning away. And our lilac tree has revived! Last year, we may have had two or three blooms. We pruned several dead branches, and also pruned a lot from a neighbouring snowball tree which was blocking the light from the lilac. This year, it's covered in blooms again. I wish you could smell them! Like most flowers, artificial versions are dreadful, but the actual scent is fantastic.

It has been a long and busy week, and I am thrilled that it's Friday. I have plans for a bit of a soapmaking marathon this weekend, since I have very little soap on hand, and I'm finally feeling like making some! I hope that you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend ahead! Diego and I have acheived a personal milestone so we will be celebrating by putting in our new veggie garden! As well as have a nice romantic dinner on our patio! Enjoy your new picnic table, tea lights and lilacs!!! I catch their scent everywhere I go these days wafting over the warm air of the city! Way better than exhaust!! Have a great weekend Sheerie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh ... I *love* the smell of lilacs. Peter picked some for me the other day and I mentioned the same thing about how the artificial scent is yucky but the real thing is amazing. Enjoy them while they last!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!