12.19.2009

naiad goodies

Quite possibly the last thing on earth I need are more soaps and bath goodies. But sometimes I just can't help myself! I saw these Vanilla Chai Body Sugar Cubes in Erin Pikor's shop, Naiad Soap Arts, and really, really wanted to try them.
They're lovely - very rough and scrubby, so I used them mostly on feet, hands, knees, ankles, and elbows. They're cut into single-serving sizes, so you can just take one into the shower at a time. They kind of lather a bit, scrub beautifully, and wash away cleanly. I'm a fan!
These are the soaps I also bought, just for me. The French Macaron soap is adorable. (I picked lemon creme.) Banana Brulee smells just like banana-flavoured liquid penicillin, which I had often as a kid and love the smell of. (Adam's not such a fan.) And the layering is so pretty! The Cardamom Vanilla smells great, too. The Banana Brulee is the only soap I've tried washing with so far, and it's what I would have expected from a melt and pour soap - it just doesn't have that same richness and lather of from-scratch soaps. But definitely fun to try, smell, and look at!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. those look good enough to eat...
    this might interest you? I'm going to make some I think...
    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/spa-in-kitchen-sugar-scrubs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, M! I've never seen that blog - I sense some fun perusing. I've made sugar scrubs many times, (and that one looks lovely!) but what I like about these cubes is that they lather and wash away without any oily residue. I think I might try to make a natural version that does somewhat the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/22/2009

    Dang, why do soaps always make me hungry??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!