12.21.2009

it's a marshmallow world

The snowfall yesterday and today was perfect. This morning, we all went out and did some serious sliding and snowman-building, which was also perfect. Some long-anticipated company arrived safely today, spreading the niceness around, well, nicely.

My mind always works on a list system - what I have left to do. It does make for lots of productivity, but also a constant sense of things I should be doing. I think it's somewhat worse with impending Son #2, since I feel a sort of countdown looming overhead - I need to get everything I will ever want to get done for the rest of my life done before he arrives. And it's almost the end of the year, when we assess what we have and haven't done over the past 12 months. I have things nagging at me that I've said here that I plan to try, but haven't. Like homemade marshmallows. Perhaps this is the week, since all I want to do is bake and be cozy. But really, I don't think that any of you are sitting at your computers with bated breath, waiting to see how the marshmallows turned out. I need to relax. (Speaking of which, my blood pressure has been better and I'm feeling well - thanks so much for your concern! Son #2 is kicking up a storm as I type, so I think he's happy, too.) All this to say that I'll try to get around to it. How's that for commitment?

I bought these from this Etsy shop, and am using them to tie paper bags with soap for friends and family. Cute, no?

Since we've stayed home this year instead of traveling over the holidays, we've seen lots of our friends over the past little while, which has been fantastic. Although I love my bloggy friends and inspiration, there's nothing like having a wonderful time getting to know new friends or having old ones stop by.

Happy Solstice!

4 comments:

  1. I for one am waiting impatiently for marshmallows, but I guess I'll have to do without...

    Actually no. I'm glad you're relaxing and enjoying your holiday season. :) And I smiled when I read the title of your post because that song was just on the radio within the last hour.

    Also, I know the feeling of feeling you need to get everything done before #2 arrives. I had that very same feeling (as evidenced by my super manic blog posts while pregnant -- and even the fact that I started blogging then!) I can't even count how many new things I started doing while expecting him, just because I HAD to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ruined my mixer making my second batch of homemade marshmallows. It wasn't a heavy-duty mixer, but I just thought I'd warn you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting with bated breath for the marshmallows.... they've been on the to do list for more then a year and I was hoping to get to them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/22/2009

    So glad your BP is better and that ds#2 is happy too! :)

    Homemade marshmallows are fabulous! We can't wait to make them again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!