12.15.2009

glee and other goodies and why I'm blogging mid-morning


Have you seen Glee? (The show, not the gum below.) We are big fans, and I understand that the next episode won't air until April. This doesn't look promising for the show's future. Definitely watch if you have the chance - it's hilarious, clever, and did I mention hilarious?
Have you seen Glee? (The gum, not the show.) We are not gum people (it drives Adam crazy if I chew gum near him, so I try not to), but sometimes I like to have something more than a mint handy in my purse when needed. But I don't go for sugar-free gums with aspartame and other artificial sweeteners, so I was pleased to find this gum at Yarmouth Natural last week. It's tasty, but the flavour doesn't last nearly as long as 'regular' gums. Good for freshening breath in a hurry, though, which is what I was looking for. And really, with packaging like that, who cares what it tastes like?
I ordered some soaps (I know - the last thing I need is soap, but I love it!) from fantastic Amber. I blogged about them over here. Mmmm!
And this is one of our two Advent calendars (and by far Phillip's favourite). I bought it last year at Chapters after Christmas, for maybe $10. It's made of wood, and I love that it's reusable and should be with us through lots of Christmases to come. Adam discovered that Laura Secord milk chocolates wrapped like little presents fit perfectly in each door.

Lastly, I'm home from work this week, since my blood pressure was up yesterday at my prenatal appointment. I have all of my Christmas soap orders done, gifts purchased and wrapped, and now that work's done, it is my full-time job to relax. I go back in a couple of weeks for a follow-up, and I'm keeping track of my pressure here at home. Happy relaxing to me!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Relaxing to you, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy and watch that pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure about Glee, but the last three episodes were great – I loved the season finale! I'm hoping the late start of the spring season is just because they don't want to compete with the Olympics (shaky reasoning at best, but anyway).

    Hope you're enjoying your time at home, and that you're taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your relaxing! Hopefully your blood pressure goes back down. :(

    And thanks for ordering soaps. :) I'm heading over to the other blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/17/2009

    I have other friends who told me Glee is an excellent show. I think I'll have to NetFlix it like I do with everything though; we never catch shows in real time.

    Aren't Amber's soaps fabulous?!

    Incidentally, one of the elementary schools I attended (from grades 6 to 7) is named Laura Secord! It's in Vancouver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glee is pretty good -- I've caught a couple of epsiodes. It's pretty popular so I'd be surprised if it gets axed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!