4.17.2011

lucky lady


Mwah! That's (a blurry) me. I am indeed a lucky lady. A very lucky lady. I have had the whole weekend to myself. The whole thing. If I read that on someone else's blog, I would be seriously envious. "A whole weekend? Think of the things I could do!" And do you know what I've done, for the most part? Missed them. And cleaned. And had tea. And missed them some more. And cleaned some more. And made more tea. I made some soap and lotion, but I haven't felt particularly crafty. Went to the market yesterday (and had my first local greens this season, yay!) and visited a bit today. All in all, a lovely time. But I miss them! And I'm realizing that really, they're my motivation for getting things done. Why bother making cheese if there's no little hands to help make it? No hurry to vacuum the floor once it's cleaned up if the threat of toys piling up isn't imminent.

As soon as they left, though, I bought some tulips and put a tablecloth on the table. It is still clean, and is still on the table. That's kind of nice.



I did manage to find some pussy willows! They're so lovely.




I don't think I'm a particularly girly-girl. I am terribly practical when it comes to most things. But I do wear a bit of makeup, pretty much every single day. Not much - most days I just wear mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of blush. Some days, some mineral makeup, and a bit of concealer. I found a new lipstick a few weeks ago that I love. Not drying at all, and it lasts. I came across Lisa Eldridge's site this weekend, and I am smitten. Not only does she sound like Kiera Knightley, but she is down-to-earth and is willing to be seen with no makeup, and 'spots'! Her site is full of video tutorials for various makeup techniques, and I've learned a tonne of stuff. I also love that she's a professional and does makeup for covers of Vogue and Glamour (i.e. she knows what she's talking about), but also recommends store brands and using what you already have. I heard Maria Menounos on the radio this week, and she suggested that one of the best time investments that can be made is to take a little while to watch video tutorials for makeup techniques. You know what? I think she's right - you get to enjoy the benefits every day. And it's fun. So there you go!

A light and fluffy note on which to end your weekend. Hope it was a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I had time away from the boys, all I did was miss them too. :} I love pussy willows; ours is blooming!

    That is such a great photo of you! It reminds me of Marlo Thomas' "That Girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Joe Fresh lip stains are awesome -- they stay on forever and a lip marker is ever so much funner than the alternatives :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!