5.20.2009

Saturday in Shelburne

Ingrid had a birthday on the weekend, so we went to Shelburne on Saturday to celebrate. Of course, we ate at Charlotte Lane. And took pictures of our food.
This was my dessert - an English Toffee Pudding, I think it was called. Amazing. Much like the Queen Elizabeth Cake I make (which is my favourite dessert of all time), except with an amazing buttery sauce rather than the crunchy pecan topping.
How nifty is the toilet paper holder in their washroom?Of course, I kept stopping to take flower pictures. I was surprised at the difference between the spireas here and in Shelburne - we're only an hour's drive apart, but some there were in full bloom. I haven't seen any here in bloom yet.
We also stopped at Spencer's Garden Centre. I "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed over this magnolia - it was probably fifteen feet tall. I prefer the paler ones, but this one was quite lovely. And the scent was amazing.
We also stopped in at The Whirligig Book Shop, where I picked up this book. It's got information on everything from making soap, to

trellising blackberries, and just about everything in between. I haven't had a chance to sit down properly with it yet, but I think it will be a good reference book.
Oh, and of course we went to Frenchy's. That's a given.

I'm off to an in-service for the rest of the week, so that's it for a few days - I can't wait to get back and catch up with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great to have found your blog. Apparently we both share the love for watching 'Amelie'. I enjoy reading up on what you write about your soapmaking. Well done you. I'd love to start goatcheese making, but that's on the list after the usual things in life are organized! You know how it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!