12.01.2008

dance by the light of the...

As we were eating supper this evening (which was a delicious chicken and barley soup - thanks for the inspiration, K!) I looked out the window to see a lovely sliver of moon and two stars, or so I thought. So of course, I took pictures. Turns out that they're Venus and Jupiter. And this particular configuration with the moon isn't due to fall into place again for another 44 years. Assuming I'll still be around, I will be 71 years old. Some think that this may have been the configuration the wise men saw at the time of the birth of Jesus. I like to think so - it feels warm and fuzzy. Maybe we've been watching too many episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Dr Who, but I am completely amazed that so much exists in space that we know so little about. Or that I know so little about, anyway. It's very reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!