12.23.2008

Merry Christmas!

My 'Merry Christmas' post was supposed to be one of those short and sweet messages with a single lovely picture, but I'm going to do a bit of rambling. We had a snow and wind storm at the end of the weekend, and had no power for a day and a half. Luckily, we have a wood stove, so we were fine. We were also lucky that we didn't have any damage to our house. Lots of trees are down, a car was burned out by a power line on our street, and we're very lucky indeed. I haven't verified, but I heard that the gusts were up to 120 km/hr. Overnight on Sunday, I actually thought that the wind could have blown through out windows. It was wild.
To catch up on a few other things, Annie and Ingrid came over on Saturday and opened some gifts. Ingrid got that nifty roll-up needle holder from Annie, from this shop, which I think is adorable. We made some cake and generally had a lovely visit.
Oh, and those crazy knitters fluffed a rodent. (That's Annie's Ravelry Christmas t-shirt from Ingrid). I won't say anything else about the rodent, as it's a Christmas gift having nothing to do with me, but it was an entertaining way to pass the time.

So, I'm signing off for a little holiday. I hope that you all have a lovely break with lots of rest and happy times. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!