5.29.2007

eventful day

Nope, no baby yet, but what qualifies as eventful in my mind has changed proportionately with the lack of things I'm doing because of this blood pressure thing. I have been getting a lot of reading done, and Adam's been getting tons of housework and chore-y stuff done. Here's what took place today:

Sitting in the hammock chair, sleeping on the hammock, enjoying the beautiful weather and reading outside. (Also had two loads of laundry on our new clothesline - it was a perfect clothes drying day!)

Adam cleaned out the shed! Garbage pick up is this week (not just regular collection, but big-item spring pick up), and we had some things to get rid of. So Adam emptied the shed (phew, it needed it!) and I sorted and organized the many plant pots and supplies. Mostly I sat in a camp chair and supervised, as I was instructed. It's like a whole new shed, and you can actually get in and out safely and efficiently, locating what you need when you need it! Fabulous.

The Purolator delivery person brought diaper covers I ordered from Valley Cloth Diapers! They're Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, and they're apparently great with prefolds. I'm eager to try them out on baby G's cute bottom! One of them has a very cute frog pattern on it.

I made hasselback potatoes for supper (from a Nigella Lawson book I borrowed from the library). Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I also made a bean salad of sorts, a mix of canned beans, grated mozzarella cheese, chopped jarred jalapenos, and frozen corn, with a little oregano and basil. Also mmmmmmmm-worthy. And then my blood pressure was up, so I resumed doing more nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!