5.02.2007

beautiful evening in the garden

Adam and I puttered around in the garden for awhile this evening, and it was lovely. I weeded the rhubarb patch, with all of its cute little sprouts springing up... it's looking pretty good, so I'm hoping I'll get some good fat stalks this spring. Mmmmm.
This is exactly what the evening felt like. Warm and springy.
I love that there's a variety of daffodils in our yard. I like the regular ones, but it's nice to have a change now and then.
When I looked up and noticed how beautiful and blue the sky was, I saw all of these red buds on our japanese maple tree!

I also planted a bit of grass seed to fill in some bare spots, filled the bird feeder (always a hit), and planted some sunflower seeds. I put some sweet pea seeds in water to soak and plant tomorrow, so that should be fun. Speaking of the bird feeder, we saw the cutest thing last night. There was a pair of cardinals on the tree with the feeder in it. The female was sitting on a branch, just kind of hanging out. The male was scooting around the tree and feeder. A few times in a row, the male went to the feeder, picked up a seed, took it to the female, and passed it to her, beak to beak! Painfully cute - I wish I could have caught a video clip to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!