2.14.2012

love


I saw love today.  

Real-life love. Not the cupid kind. The kind that breaks your heart open and leaves it vulnerable and exposed, and which isn't fair or just. A mother's story of her daughter's recent seizures and medical struggles was shared hopefully, gracefully, and openly in a room of professionals, and I was privileged enough to be there.

Chocolate and cards have their place, but what I'm really thankful for today is the kind of love in the world that goes through day after day and year after year of travelling, appointments, worry, medications, and working incredibly hard to help their child meet their potential. That's one manifestation of real-life love.

Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. yes, this type of love that I get to witness in my caseload at work definitely teaches me something about love and life every single time.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely truer and deeper love than candies and flowers; I hope something good comes out of that case you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!