7.14.2011

i missed you!

We arrived home yesterday after a relaxing, lovely-especially-because-we-got-to-see-lots-of-people trip to New Brunswick. And I missed you guys! Here's the newsy rundown of our trip. The pictures are from our ferry ride from Saint John to Digby on the Princess of Acadia. (The composition is off; a bit from the right of each is cropped. I'm trying to get that sorted out. You can always see my flickr stream if you're terribly concerned!)

In no particular order: We went to my first ever Trivia Night with Barb at Big Tide Brewing Co., (don't order the nachos - they were extremely disappointing) and was surprised by how difficult many of the questions were and how many people knew the answers. In other trivial news, I won two games of Settlers of Catan, which surprised even me. (We loooove board games - if you do, you'll like this one. And Carcassonne, too. SO much fun.)
We visited. A delicious dinner at Isaac's Way (I highly recommend the lamb burger)  and late-night mini-golf (thanks to the grandparents!) with the greatest friends anyone could ask for. (And no visit with them is ever really complete without a good dose of mini golf.)
 And I took the boys to visit a bloggy friend and her sweet family.
 We also visited Sarah Jones of Jones Gallery. She's just lovely. We make a habit of popping in to see her and her work when we're in Saint John, and it's always worth it. (She drives a red Vespa!)



I went thrifting (on at least three occasions) in NB and found a few treasures. A great Supermaggie shirt and a couple of pairs of jeans in Fredericton, and a brand new pair of Pediped shoes for Phillip to wear this fall at Value Village in Saint John. I also found some deals on work clothes at RW&Co - I love their look. I don't often buy new clothes, so this was kind of a big deal. And everything was half of the already discounted price. (Naturally.)

We arrived home to a new computer! I'm kind of smitten. The old laptop properly died on Monday after a long and drawn-out ordeal. So now I'm trying to learn to use Lightroom and find some old files (we had everything triple backed up, so we didn't lose anything.) Thanks to Adam for the help, and for mowing the lawn!

Of course, I am happy to be home. I whipped up some classy freezies for Phillip, Thomas and I to share this afternoon, and I think that you should try them. Unfortunately, coconut is one of the foods that Adam can't eat, so he won't be able to enjoy these, but I'll describe them in great detail to him. They are as simple as follows (and they kind of sound like something from a 50's cookbook -must be the pineapple.) In the blender, whiz a can of coconut juice (not water or milk) with a can of crushed pineapple, a banana, and a blop of agave nectar. Freeze in molds, and enjoy! I love the teensy-tiny little bits of pineapple. Yum.

Happy Thursday! It's nice to be back.

4 comments:

  1. Happy to have you back. Sounds like you had a good time in SJ. Love the pictures, especially the one with the stars on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back :) Sounds like a lovely holiday and the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the Princess over a hundred times, and I've seen such lovely captures of her! Very interesting to see the ship through the eyes of a talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks! I can't even begin to guess at how many times I've been on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!