1.27.2010

Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life

I just read and thoroughly enjoyed this book. (I don't usually post about the books I don't enjoy because I can't be bothered to waste the time to read beyond halfway. This one was NOT in that category!) I borrowed it from the library, and had it read within a day. Super fast, entertaining, and informative. Informal and fun - right up my alley when I'm feeling like Spring is on the way and I'm feeling all ambitious about homesteading projects. There's information about everything from beekeeping to chicken keeping, baking and finding great antique treasures. There are personal stories for each topic, as well as tons of resources and the practical things you need to know before attempting them on your own. Although there's not extensive information on each topic, she gives tonnes of resources at the end of the book, and extensive information and all of the particulars is not really the point of this book anyway. Jenna Woginrich, the author, also has a blog (are you surprised? I didn't think so) called Cold Antler Farm, where you can check out some more of her projects, including some cute sheep. Incidentally, she has a day job as well as all of her homesteading projects, which I really like - since that's much like me. Oooh, she also has a cute promotional YouTube video, too. Have a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I think we must be twins when it comes to books, because I *just* took this book home from the library. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/05/2010

    I'm going to look for this one...thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!