1.16.2008

pseudo-headboard idea


I came up with an idea in the middle of the night for a pseudo-headboard thing (how's that for a technical term?) for the wall above our bed. It's a Pottery Barn pillowcase from Smitty's (just like Frenchy's), which Annie discovered when we were there on Saturday. I loved it and bought it, not sure of where it would end up. And then inspiration struck.

I love the idea of putting a pillow case on the wall over a bed, love that it is soft and comfortable looking, and that it fits in with our new calm bedroom scheme. Bedding. On the wall. Love it. I stuffed it with a piece of cardboard to hold its shape, and used pushpins through the back of the case to attach it to the wall. So there are no big holes in the wall, either. I also love that if it falls off in the middle of the night, there will be no significant injuries.

Think of the possibilities! You could do two matching cases (that was my first idea, with two white on white cases I have - you might see that later on) either horizontally or vertically, a bunch of mismatched vintage ones... so many options, so little time!

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to comments lately - I read them all and appreciate every ounce of input! Hope you enjoy this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!