1.06.2008

freecycle finds





Some fabulous things I got through Freecycle this weekend. So very 'Canadian Home and Country', and they match our kitchen nicely. Adam joked that the crock thingy (what is the proper name for those things? I just saw a collection in a magazine I borrowed from the library... perhaps it was even Canadian Home and Country...) can be used to store my moonshine. I was so excited that I didn't even wash them up before taking pics. The red enamel pot will be great for melting oils for soap. There were a few other things, too - an old washboard was one. I don't know what it is about old things that appeal to me so much more than new. They seem to have more value by virtue of being older than me, I guess. It seems like a shame for them to be ignored or thrown away. At the same time, I'm kind of choosy about the things that come into our house, since I don't want piles of junk. Regardless, I'm happy to give these things a new home in my kitchen with the loaf pans and storage jars!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!