Antigonish, stayed with some wonderful friends (who are amazing cooks, yuuum!) at their cottage and slept in tents with this view. This was actually the sunrise, which I found disconcerting. Here in beautiful Yarmouth, the sun sets over the water, in the west. There, the water is east, so the sun rises over the water, which is magical and kind of surreal. Definitely my kind of way to start the day.
Phillip had so much fun, he could barely contain himself. It was the first time that he and Thomas:
- slept in tents
- went to late-night bonfires on the beach
- stayed in a hotel (When Phillip walked in, he stopped and said, very excitedly: "There's a TV! In our room! A TV!")
- rode a pony (and visited Oaklawn Zoo in Aylesford)
- went down a waterslide (well, Phillip did once before, but was completely traumatized. This was his first positive experience, and Thomas loved it, too.)
- swam in ocean water and were able to stay in without freezing
I'm sure that there were more firsts, too, but those are the standouts tonight. The boys traveled beautifully. It was great.
P.S. Waking up next to snoring Phillip in a sunrise-filled tent was very, very sweet.