8.12.2010

Country Living


I received my September issue of Country Living in the mail a few days ago, and it is perhaps the best issue, ever. I have at least 10 page corners turned down, and I'm still not finished. I'm savouring it. And for me, that means that it's really, really good. It takes a lot to slow me down. They have a new format, which is fine - I do think that the new logo reminds me of Country Woman magazine's at my grandmother's house in the late 80's. But what's inside more than makes up for that.

Above is the simplest way to make honey butter. I usually just kind of mash it together, but this seems like a nice way to have some done up ahead. It is pure decadence on a popover; I'm sure it would be equally yummy on toast, or just about any other vehicle. Sweet and salty is my crack.

Some other lovelies from the issue:
Linens stretched over frames. I've always liked fabric pieces stretched, but hadn't particularly thought about table linens. Or other textured fabrics, especially in the same colour as the wall. Mmm, possibilities!
And I really, truly love this chair. Even at that rakish angle. Gorgeous. Adam doesn't think it would be comfortable, and I probably wouldn't be able to touch the floor, but it's beautiful.
And look! Instructions on how to make your own. Or, if you're like me and know that it would take waaay too long to get around to it, you can order one like mine from here. Seriously, if you enjoy lots of the same things that I do and you're not a subscriber already, you should pick up a copy of this issue - I don't think you'll be disappointed. OH! There is an INCREDIBLE complete renovation of a six-bedroom farmhouse that is amazing, too. And I haven't even finished reading it!
And lastly, (I took all of these pictures while sitting in the kitchen, having a cup of tea in a quiet house, (!) hence the lack of effort get get up off of the chair to get out of the sun or try for better angles. What a lovely day!) I bought these windchimes today. (For half price, of course.) Our yard is beautiful to see, smell, and feel, and now to hear, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/12/2010

    Ok, now I'm going to look up Country Living next time I'm at a bookstore! I have, honest to goodness, that Mason jar soap dispenser!! I am going to take a photo of it and post it as my photo project blog post tomorrow. :)

    Sounds like a great honey-butter recipe! I use the food processor for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/14/2010

    OK, here's my post: http://trproject365.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-14th.html ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!