2.21.2010

ranunculus and quince

I truly believe that if I didn't have something growing inside in February, I might just wither up, never to be heard from again. (Psssst- February's almost over, and for the past couple of years, we've seen our first snowdrops in early March! The sun made an appearance yesterday, so there is a spark of hope!)

I've admired ranunculus from afar for ages, (especially in Saipua's gorgeous arrangements) but have never seen them in person. (One of the pitfalls of living in a small town. My idea of near-heaven is walking down a street with a flower selection like this. Someday!) So I was tickled pink to find some boxed bulbs (I didn't even know they were a bulb, until then) at the grocery store. I tried one box (3 bulbs), and the bulbs got moldy. Eeeeew. I followed the instructions, too! And the box even says 'Easy to grow'. Harumph. There was one box left when I went back a few weeks later, so experiment number 2 is on the go. I'm hoping for success this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!