2.16.2010

february. ugh.

Maybe it's because it's the middle of February, maybe it's because there's been nothing but bad news and ridiculous politics in our area lately, maybe it's because I'm embarassed for all of the things that have gone wrong at the Olympics while we're hosting, but I'm kind of feeling discouraged. Just kind of tired of everything and wishing that I had a magic wand (how many times have you heard me say this, people who know me in real life?) and could create some positive change, especially here in my town.

But since I don't have a magic wand, here's the next best thing... cute animals!
This little beady-eyed little wonderbird was spotted over here.
The swan story and photo credits are here.


And there are good things happening, I know. I was especially taken last week when I heard about Not Far From the Tree, a project in Toronto to use produce grown in the city which would otherwise be left to waste, to feed people! You can read a bit more about it here. They even have an Etsy shop, where you can buy that adorable onesie for Son #2. There are definitely good things going on, I guess I just am feeling like they're all far away.

I guess I would feel ickier if I had a cold. But then I would have an excuse to make these homemade cough drops. I know! Fun.

And since I can't help but end on a positive note, tomorrow has snow day potential. My fingers are crossed!

3 comments:

  1. I had not heard the news about the Cat (huge bummer) nor the news about the political spending (so discouraging) until clicking your links. Our NB news is currently too flooded with images of Abel Leblanc giving the finger to share anything about our NS neighbours. But keep your chin up...Spring is coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* Spring... It is like major funk time all over blog land. We just have to keep telling ourselves that we only have to make it a few more weeks! In fact, "Just a few more weeks!" has become my mantra lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking at seed catalogues and have started my list. I day dream of gardening and hearing the beepers at night. A day like yesterday is a boost but than this morning... another layer of snow. Soon Sherrie, soon it will be Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!