5.06.2012

'free' celery

I saw this idea over at 17 Apart and thought it would be fun to try with the boys. It couldn't be much simpler: just take your grocery store celery, and chop off the bottom (root) end. Put it in a little bit of water, not too much, and you'll see some new celery growing up from the middle in a few days. When the little roots appear, stick it in some soil in a pot, and see what happens! Don't forget to check the water level and change out the water every few days.

Sick update: things are looking up, and I still haven't had the worst part of it. (My fingers are crossed that I won't get it.) I'm still not feeling quite right, though. Hrm. Thomas is fully recovered, P is almost there, and Adam is much, much better today. Things are looking up!

5 comments:

  1. Great tip, thanks! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're feeling better soon and will all be fine again in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/07/2012

    Thank you, Sherrie! Spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable idea! I've never even heard of it, but now the green thumb in me wants to try.

    I'm glad you're feeling better! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this with scallions too. They grow up to 3 feet long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Hubby grows celery, but this will be fun to try nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!