1.12.2012

thrifted treasures and a funny kid (no smiling!)


I found this Better Home and Gardens 'New' Cookbook at Frenchy's and couldn't pass it up. Jessica Fletcher has one on the top of  her fridge, you know. (And they even move it around from episode to episode! I love that.) Most  of the recipes are a can of this and a package of that, add some luncheon meat and you're all set. But there are some cookies recipes and this Breakfast Cocoa one that are pretty decent. It was delicious. Perfect snow day fare.

How could you not find that greenish jell-o salad kind of awe-inspiring?

And I also found these little goodies at Frenchy's:
 500 mL wide mouth Ball canning jars. We can't buy the Ball brand here in Canada; Bernardin is the Canadian equivalent. But I like the way 'Ball' looks on the jar so much better, and this is a great size.
 A Brody (made in USA) planter (intended for a vase?) for a peperomia prostrada plant that I have yet to find or buy.
And the  best of all - a gorgeous handmade teapot in perfect condition. Not a nick, chip, or crack to be found! I was especially thrilled with this one, especially since it was only $3.
Phillip put these signs on the living room doors. He later said that it's okay for his friends to smile in the living room, but no one else.

Happy Thursday from our snow-bound house to yours!

14 comments:

  1. The caramels recipe in that cookbook are delicious, especially with some flake sea salt on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethie, you're singing my song - caramel is one of my favourite things in the world. I will mark that one!

      Delete
  2. I have that same cookbook! Love the frui crisp recipe. The Colby planter is so cool; all terrific finds!

    P never fails to crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, I will check that one out, too. And I had the name wrong - it's Brody. Lapse!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that Phillip kills me! The jello salad reminds me of F in the tub the other day. "I'm making jello. Lots of flavors." Me: "What kind? Asparagus?" F: "Yeah." Me: "What color is it?" F: "Orange."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marla, if she wasn't my niece, she'd still be cutest red-haired New Hampshireite I know.

      Delete
  4. That teapot is GORGEOUS!! Makes me happy just looking at it. I love P's no smiling sign.. what a funny kid. I think I'd like him a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would, Heidi - he's something else. :) Come to Yarmouth for tea and we'll use the pot!

      Delete
  5. 1. Frenchy's is the bomb.
    2. I think you should start some sort of Jessica Fletcher fan club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. You are totally correct. Come down to Yarmouth and I'll take you!
      2. That's more like it! That sounds less like you're making fun and more like you're catching on. Would you like to be the first card-carrying member? Aside from myself, of course. ;)

      Delete
  6. Sherrie that teapot is beautiful. I love it. Reminds me of mine (that cost way more than yours; lucky girl you are). And if I recall from last year you were looking for one, right? Which Frenchy did you find that? now you are making me want to go at the Frenchys in Yarmouth. That Mr. P is one cute little man... and very smart might I add. Have a wonderful weekend; hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Vickie! Yes, I had been looking for one for quite awhile, so I'm extra thrilled with it because my patience paid off. I found that at the Weymouth one (probably my favourite one), so you don't need to come all the way here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is my favorite one also (in Weymouth). We drop in often but have been slacking-off lately. Hmmmmmm, might have to go during my lunch hour today just in case I miss something good :-) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that teapot. Imagine the maker of it in ....? New Mexico....? New York....? New Glascow would get a kick out of knowing that it was in adoring hands now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!