how to clean a dirty bottle

Quick tip: if you have a thing for little glass bottles, as I do, and you have a dirty bottle on your hands (see above), there's an easy way to clean it. Shake some coarse salt down into the bottom, fill halfway with warm water, and shake it like crazy, in all directions. The salt is abrasive enough to scrub off the grime, but won't scratch. Also, it dissolves, unlike rice which I've seen recommended. Ta-da!

I hope that you're having a lovely weekend. Ours has been packed with plenty of fun and birthday parties, and a potluck (and board games!) with new friends. Today we're having a nice quiet day, relaxing at home. You know, doing things like making yogourt and letting the milk boil over while I change my profile pic on Twitter. (Which I can't seem to crop within Twitter. Bah.)

Phillip says: I had a great time reading books and playing games and also doing things with the other kids [at pre-primary]. - PHILLIP


  1. Awww, so glad you're having a good time at pre-primary, Phillip! x

    Thanks for the bottle-cleaning tip, Sherrie; I have worn several bottle brushes down before and still ended up with dirty bottles. ;P

  2. Thanks for the tip Sherrie! I've been known to either tackle dirty things with boiling water (work 90% of the time, the other 10% the object breaks...) or putting them in the dishwasher. But your tip sounds great! Your weekend sounds lovely :)


Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!