9.28.2011

home


Over the past couple of days, I have made kefir, yogourt, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, coffee cake and my first batch of goat's milk soap. (Well, my first two batches, really - the first one isn't looking so great. But the second one looks amazing! I can't wait to try it.) I've also touched up some paint on the house (in and out), stacked some firewood, cleaned the entire kitchen, pantry and fridge, complete with drawer-washing, watched Murder, She Wrote while knitting, and finished a book. Oh, and worked and attended a volunteer board meeting, too. You might think that this is impossible, and it would be, except that I've had the house totally to myself for three days. I kind of turn into a crazy person when left to my own devices. I was happily folding and putting away laundry at 10:40 last night.

But you know what? As much as I do love having the freedom to come and go as I please, eat when I want, accomplish tasks the first time around from start to finish, find something exactly where I left it, revel in a tidy house, drink a full cup of hot tea in one go, and sit in complete quiet - being without my boys makes me antsy. It's a vague unsettled-ness that just doesn't feel right. I'm a lucky, lucky lady.

4 comments:

  1. I just saw that murder she wrote is on Netflix now! I did a little dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! That's where I've been watching. There's something like 264 episodes! Yipeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was doing a little sleuthing for other NS bloggers(we are new here in the Valley) and it looks like we both know Lola! We are restoring an old farm house and I love seeing your front entrance in the picture, it looks very like ours and gives me hope :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marissa! It's so nice to 'meet' you. We've been in our house for six years, and have been working away on it. It's fun, expensive, and time consuming! But rewarding, too. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, come over for tea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!