7.21.2008

crayons for little hands, more poppies, fruit flies, and more

I bought some crayons for Phillip's birthday, and we tried them out this afternoon. He did really well with them, but they just looked too good to not take a nibble. Or two. I'm expecting some interesting diaper changes tomorrow. To make it less tempting to bite them, I decided to unwrap them, and melt them down in silicone muffin tins, so now they're a little less stick-like. I just broke them up, sticking similar colours together (my favourite is the grey / black / white one above). I had the oven on 350 for ten minutes, then turned the oven off and left them in, for maybe another ten minutes or so. Let them cool completely, and you're all set! And here's Phillip's first picture (being held on the fridge by Plato):

These crazy and oh-so-fun poppies are back.
As are the fruit flies. Death toll so far: two. My trap: 1/4 cup cider vinegar in a glass jar, with a piece of paper rolled into a funnel.
And this little poppy seed pod was in the garden. I love its little cap!

"A frontal system over Nova Scotia will continue to give periods of rain tonight. The rain will be at times heavy with thundershowers especially over southwestern sections overnight." Tonight's forecast, as issued by Environment Canada.) A tropical storm, Cristobal, with a ton of rain is on the way. I love the sense of battening the hatches before a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!