11.12.2007

vegetable pie and baked apples



Yesterday I made vegetable pie and baked apples, mmmmm. I modified the vegetable pie recipe (from here) a little bit and added zucchini and a tiny bit of flour instead of bread crumbs. I made a simple crust for it (recipe here) and it won rave reviews. I was into crust making for the vegetable pie, so I made an apple pie for my dad while I was at it. And while I was dealing with apples, I cored some and baked them, stuffed with a mix of cranberries, walnuts, orange juice and brown sugar.

In other news, Phillip is back to sleeping through the night! I'm not exactly sure what the disruption was about, but we've been filling him up with milk and he's been sleeping through. So that's a glorious thing. Now to get ready for this afternoon's crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!