2.19.2007

perfect storm day lunch

I was inspired with warm pancake-y thoughts last week when I saw a clip on Living East of a place called Sugar Moon Farm here in Nova Scotia. It had the most cozy log pancake house and the coolest gravity fed syrup system I've ever seen. It's a year-round, family-run place, and definitely on our list of places to visit, hopefully in the near future. I've been thinking about it ever since, so today for lunch I made the most incredible buckwheat pancakes with this amazing wild blueberry syrup from Granite Town Farms in New Brunswick. Delicious! Any extra pancakes can be frozen between layers of wax paper (wax paper is compostable, you know) and popped in the toaster when you're hungry for them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!