6.25.2013

poppies


Happy Summer! I missed posting on the solstice, but I hope that you celebrated in wonderful fashion. I love this time of year. The smell of the ocean that hangs in the air on these humid days, and the sense of promise of a relaxing, perfect summer are just the best.

My ambitious plans for rhubarb jelly and gluten-free crackers? I overcooked and ruined the jelly. Bah. And still haven't tried making the crackers. I have rhubarb juice ready for attempt #2 at the jelly, and might get to the crackers soon. I made an amazing soup last night for supper, though. Mmm, that was good.

Three more days until summer break, folks! It's shaping up to be a great summer after the most hectic work year to date. I'm really looking forward to a reset with lots of rest and free time. My books and magazines are piled high (thanks for the suggestions!) just waiting to be read. I've been doing some reading over the past few weeks and finished a couple of books, but didn't really like either enough to recommend.

Need some oregano? Holy smokes, ours is huge. The peas are coming along, but I've had to replant my kale and several other things. I think the rain washed the seeds away, and the birds did seem to be hanging out there quite a bit. I did the replant, though, and the kale at least is popping up. And we have a bit of lettuce, some cucumbers, and I tucked in a few tomatoes. We'll see what we end up with!

I'm looking forward to posting more often over the summer and getting out the real camera. (Don't forget, though, that you can always find me on Instagram and see pictures like this one as they happen!)

1 comment:

  1. I need to get on Instagram...I'm so bad about going to blogs these days. But, then again, I'm not sure how my bandwidth issue will deal with Instagram (I cannot load Tweetdeck at home half the time and it annoys the heck out of me).

    Thank you for the eye candy here, Sherrie, and happy summer to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!