8.16.2007

and speaking of cute...

I picked a whole bunch of these Roger Hargreaves books up at a yard sale a few years ago, and we just rediscovered them on a bookshelf yesterday. These four are the cutest, in my opinion. And even the story of how the series came about is cute. According to Wikipedia, "The first of the Mr. Men characters is reported to have been created when Adam (Hargreaves' son) asked his father what a tickle looked like: Hargreaves drew a figure with a round orange body and long, rubbery arms, which became Mr. Tickle." I hope Phillip likes them when we start reading them with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!