7.14.2006

today in garden history







It's finally a lovely morning in Yarmouth, after insane fog and rain. There was an UNBELIEVABLE thunder and lightning storm the other night. I have never felt anything like it. I could feel the electricity in my arms, as the deafening thunder shook the house and lightning lit up the room. I love storms! Adam didn't like it as much as I did.

Daylilies. I especially like the red ones, but the orange ones make me feel as though I'm on a beach in the tropics with a piƱa colada in my hand.

Goutweed. Evil, evil stuff that is seemingly impossible to get rid of. I'm almost to the point of embracing it (meaning I'm too lazy to weed it all out) but I don't want it to kill everything else. Maybe next Spring I'll be more diligent and get it gone first thing. I have kept on top of the flowers though, so it shouldn't proliferate from seeds. Nice leaves for nature printing, though.

Thunbergia (I found the real name). I still adore this little plant - it's like essential oil of happiness in a planter. And it's growing really well, climbing all over the frame I made for it.

Chinese lanterns. I love how they hide way in underneath the leaves and stay green, blending in nicely, until pow! in the fall when they turn beautiful orange. They're one of my favourite things in the garden. I guess I have a lot of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!