5.26.2006

Tatamagouche

I spent the past couple of days in Tatamagouche for an in-service - what a beautiful spot! And there's the coolest bed and breakfast there that is in a train. I woke up at 5:40 the first (beautiful and sunny) morning and went for a walk around 7:00. A deer trotted out of the woods in front of me on the trail which runs along the water; she stopped, I stopped, we looked at each other for a seond, and off she bounded back amongst the trees. It was a magical morning, for lack of a better word. I also very strongly smelled a skunk, saw some kind of carcass and later in the day a grouse nearly flew straight into my face. And that evening, there was the most incredible rainbow out across the water. It was very fat. Amazing! I also learned lots from the other teachers, and all of that work-related stuff. It was a splendid couple of days, but there's no place like home. Onions are doing well, honeysuckle is open, the petals are starting to fall from the japanese cherry and the quince trees, and the birds are going crazy outside. Pictures coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!