2.02.2013

february 2


Happy weekend! We're having a lovely, quiet one so far. Of course, I've been watching Downton in the evenings. Have you seen Upside Downton Abbey, the Sesame Street spoof? Love it.

Phillip came home from school yesterday with two loose teeth. He is over the moon. And they're really wiggly - I think they'll be out within a week. (Any bets?)

We're making some play-doh for his class this afternoon, and I'm making another batch of balm.

I cleaned the glass on the wood stove, and it's like a whole new object.

Valentine's decorations are popping up like nobody's business in our house. Hearts are exploding everywhere. I made Philip cry by pointing out that he cut one of our heart garland decorations in half last year. I meant it in a teasing, loving way, but I really hurt his feelings. Which broke my heart a little bit. That I could do that without intending to. And of course, it makes me consider all of my interactions with everyone else, too. Oh, this parenting thing makes us so vulnerable. We learn so much about ourselves.

5 comments:

  1. I love Paper White's such beautiful images-they make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share - they certainly brighten up winter! :)

      Delete
  2. I think about thirteen children have lost their teeth in my ballet classes over the years. It's always the same: kid dancing in class, kid looks... worried? Kid approaches with funny look on face, kid spits tooth out into hand. I guess there's something about me that makes teeth spontaneously fall out of heads. So, should Phillip need any assistance, just send him along on a bus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael, that is AWESOME. It's like you have some kind of magnetic force that draws teeth out of children's heads! :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2/05/2013

    I just like the helpful info you provide for your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently. I'm fairly certain I'll learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!
    my web site - the solution diet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!