9.24.2006

happy first day of autumn


I had a lovely time yesterday morning at Dayton Fruit and Vegetable. The air was crisp and fall-ish and I had all the time in the world. A local farmer was there, delivering a truckload of squash and corn stalks, and the place is all decked out for fall with bales of hay, lovely mums, and pumpkins everywhere! I bought some ornamental corn, pumpkins, and gourds. From a stand on the side of the road, I bought carrots, cranberries, and another little sugar pumpkin. And (I'm saving this picture for later) I found a beautiful antique wooden rocking chair by the side of the road! It will be perfect in front of our lovely new wood stove. I'll post before and after pictures after I replace the seat and back cushions. All told, it was the perfect fall morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!