8.14.2006

Long Island / Brier Island



Yesterday morning, Adam, Annie, and I set off for a mini road trip to Long Island and Brier Island. It took a lot longer than I thought it would to get to the Long Island ferry (almost 2 hours from Yarmouth), but it was a lovely drive on a sunny day with good company. Despite the sour grimace of the Brier Island ferry staff guy, the ferries were quite efficient and we didn't get swept away with the current. The lighthouse picture was taken from the ferry to Long Island. The whole point of our trip was to see Balancing Rock on Long Island - what a cool thing. It was recently featured in Explore as one of Canada's wonders, and deservedly so. Although I did expect it to be much larger, it was well worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!