9.06.2012

first day of school report

Phillip reports that he had a 'very good' first day of school. He didn't even notice me saying goodbye as he hopped on the bus; he was far too excited to find his seat. Which was right behind the driver, exactly where he wanted to be. (I hope he didn't talk the driver's ear off!) So he did just fine, Adam and I were fine.... Thomas, not so much.


He cried and cried after Phillip got on the bus (which was early; well before I needed to be at work) and we hopped back in the car. "I want to go on the bus! I want Phillip in his seat!" When we arrived home, he dramatically threw himself at walls around the house, and sobbed into corners. He recovered after a little while, when he realized that no one (i.e. Phillip) was around to take toys or books from him and he could play uninterrupted for a change. Later this morning, Thomas went to his initial visit at daycare, where he'll be spending one day a week so that Adam can work, uninterrupted. He had a great time and loved all of the toys. It was a big day for him, too.

My sweet boys. My heart is three sizes larger today.

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! Love that P's backpack is as big as he is. And glad's T's day turned out better - the instagram pics of him in the corner were just too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! He had SO many things to take today! And yes, T settled down after a bit, and they were happy to see each other at the end of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, look at that big old tear in T's eye! P is adorable waiting to get on the bus.

    You know, absence does make the heart grow fonder. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I am glad it worked out in the end for both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious, precious photo. You'll have that on hand to remind him how he just adores his big brother.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!